We are seeking a creative and experienced native English teacher to join our team at a small private boarding school in Pakchong, Nakhorn Ratchasima.
Located in thirty-three acres of green fertile land, Panyaprateep School provides a holistic education based on Buddhist principles, namely an education of physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
The position will involve teaching students aged 12-18yrs, no more than a total of 15 periods a week. You must be a proactive individual with a keen interest in motivating and inspiring teenagers to communicate confidently in English, as well as develop thinking skills and creativity.
You will be dedicated and responsible teaching professional with good subject knowledge, a bachelor’s degree, TEFL certificate, and at least one-years experience teaching English as a second language.
If you are interested in this position, please tell us why you have the qualities to join our school along with your CV/Resume to Teacher Benjamin – firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description and responsibilities
Work hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays-Fridays, and 1-weekend half-day per month.
Teaching periods per week: not more than 15 periods
Class size: Maximum of 25 students
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience.
Starting date: ASAP
- Native English speaker or Thai national with exceptional English skills.
- Comfortable working and living in a Buddhist community of teachers and students taking the five precepts.
- A commitment to continued self-improvement in line with the school’s Buddhist values.
- Must be open-minded, self-motivated, proactive, flexible, and possess a sense of responsibility.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree, and TEFL/CELTA certificate an advantage.
- At least one-year experience teaching English as a second language.
- Able to create lessons plans and materials that integrate both academic and life skills, following the school curriculum and our Buddhist Wisdom Education framework.
- Able to complete a 1-year contract.
- Participate in a 5-day student field trip each term, going to different parts of the country.
- Participate in various school activities, such as volunteer activities, sports and games, clubs, morning chanting, etc.
- Accommodation and three meals a day, including vegetarian, provided on-site free of charge.
- Visa and work permit, including expenses, except first 3-month Non-Immigrant ‘B’ visa.
- 20,000 Baht towards health insurance of your own choice.
- Small school, small class sizes, friendly community.
- Weekly Dhamma talk by Venerable Ajahn Jayasaro, an English-born monk and advisor to the school.
- Opportunities for both spiritual and professional development.
About Panyaprateep School
Panyaprateep school was established in 2009 to serve as a prototype of Buddhist wisdom education. Rather than an education system that is geared to testing and competition and preparing students for a particular livelihood, the emphasis of Buddhist wisdom education is on teaching children how to learn, how to enjoy learning and to love wisdom for its own sake. It teaches them the emotional maturity to make use of their knowledge to create a happy life for themselves and their family and to contribute positively to the society in which they live. It is no way compromises the work of preparing children to make a good livelihood, but it lets them see that life is deeper and richer than working in order to consume. The vision of the school is to enable the community of students, teachers, and parents to seek their own refuge and to constantly train to become wise persons.